Thursday 14 April 2016

DIY Heart Shaped Collage

DIY Heart collage! Very easy to make and very classy. But requires a bit of time.
All you need is:

  • Plywood of the required size. I have used 42" ×50". However your measurements may vary.
  • Primer and Color you want. You can also outsource the painting job if you want.
  • Photographs. I made this on the occasion of my fathers birthday. since he was turning 48, I have used 48 pictures.
  • CDs. You need atleast 10.
  • Glue and Scissors.
STEPS:
  1. Take your plywood and primer. Start painting on the wood. Make sure that there is a bunch of old newspapers or papers around your wood, otherwise you may also paint your floor. 
  2. You need to double coat your primer on the wood when it dries. It need not be standard everywhere but it has to cover all the area. 
  3. Let it dry. If you have time, keep it aside for a day.
  4. Now color the board. If you want to see how to paint properly, visit my other blog: http://diyworldartandcraft.blogspot.in/2016/03/how-to-paint-properly-in-3-easy-steps.html?m=1
  5. You need to make sure that the color is standard everywhere. You may double coat it. Let it dry. It will look like this.
  6. Make the measurements of the board. Since my pictures were 6" ×4" I took the following calculations.  
    11 rows:
Row 1: 4 pics
Row 2: 6 pics (clustered)
Row 3: 6 pics
Row 4: 6 pics
Row 5: 6 pics
Row 6: 5 pics
Row 7: 5 pics 
Row 8: 4 pics
Row 9: 3 pics
Row 10: 2 pics
Row 11: 1 pic

7. Start with the row that has the largest no. of pics. Then stick the picture in the last row.      Accordingly, complete your collage.
8. Cut your CDs leaving the centre part. Cut it in any shape.
9. Fix your wood to the wall. I have used nails because my support was a window. You can use your    preferred means to stick it.
10. Start sticking the CDs to the edge of the wood. You can put it as a border or leave some areas    blank like I have.

That's it! You have made your collage. 
Just one last step incase you have made it.

11. Click your collage's picture and post it in the comments section.

I await your picture! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment